Working with our racers to make this an even better event, we have taken the opportunity to incorporate suggested changes. Please read the following carefully as they will affect the March 12th Dirty Duo.
NEW 16K DISTANCE EVENTS
During the recent down time, we have reviewed feedback from our past racers and have added a shorter distance bike event – 16K. This means that we not only have a run only, but we have a bike only, relay and solo event for the 16K distance. The 32K and 50K distances remain the same.
START TIME CHANGES
- The 32K Run only, 32K Bike only, 16K Relay and 16K Solo now start at 09:00 a.m.
- The 16K Run only and 16K Bike only now start at 11:00 a.m.
New maps reflecting the changes below have been updated on the Foretrails website as of February 27th.
- We have re-routed all racers onto the Berm from the cemetery to the filtration ponds. This was to address congestion issues for each race start. Once you pass through the bark mulch path at the top of the cemetery you will be directed to cross Lillooet road onto the Berm by a marshal.
- There are separate trails for bikes and runners to get to Buck trail from Bridle Path. Bikes will go down the “bike only” Empress Bypass and runners will continue along Bridle Path and then head down Fern Gulley. Denoted by different colors on the course maps.
- We have removed the top of Buck, Powerline and Pingu trails. This section of the course has not been included in the last few races and we decided to keep it out. Racers will now climb Buck and turn left onto Baden-Powell.
See the Dirty Duo Race Information for more details about race day.