Saturday, March 11th, 2023
Planning for 2024?
Dirty Duo will be held March 9th, 2024
RACE UPDATE – SNOW
Follow information on the Racer Information sheet for current race information!!
Unfortunately, snow is creating havoc for the Dirty Duo. Racer safety is our first priority and after discussions with our local permitting authority, we have made the following difficult decisions:
- All bike events for 2023 Dirty Duo are cancelled. Racers have the option to switch to a run event or defer their entry to next year.
- 50K run event will be converted to the 32K run event. Aid station support for the 50K runners has been impacted and affects racer safety.
- All runners must carry crampons or cleats sufficient for snow.
- Twin Bridge aid station is relocating to the Filtration Ponds.
Start times for events will also change.
- 32K Run start will be 0800 hrs
- 16K Run start will be 0900 hrs.
Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
NEW ROUTE/DISTANCE: Due to popular request we have brought back a 16K event for mountain bikers that suits beginner/intermediate levels. In addition to a run only for this distance, you can now bike only, do a relay with a buddy or go solo and run/bike the course on your own.
START TIME CHANGES: The 10:00 a.m. start time is now earlier at 09:00 a.m. The 12:00 p.m. start time has been moved to 11:00 a.m. See the course information table below for details and when your event starts.
COURSE CHANGES: As per suggestions from past racers, we have made some minor changes to race course for all distances. The printer version of the Dirty Duo Race Information has details and all maps & descriptions reflect the changes.
The Dirty Duo is for trail runners and mountain bikers! This trail race brings both sports together to share what living and playing on the rugged North Shore trails is all about! This scenic trail race will challenge beginners as well as extreme athletes and there is a course for everyone. The 16K run is perfect for those who would like the excitement of the Dirty Duo without the pain of the extra hills in the 32K, while the 32K run provides an extra challenge for those who want to get dirty. There is double the pleasure in the 50K run (you get to do it twice – a little bit differently each time!). Then there is a fun, technical 16K and 32K cross country course designed for “maximum enjoyment” for our mountain bikers! Finally, you can grab a buddy and do a relay (no fighting over who runs and who rides), or do it all yourself!!
All races start and finish at Inter River Park – South Parking Lot.
*We will have an early start (7:00 a.m.) for runners requiring longer time to complete the 50K run, but you MUST let us know in advance!
|Event||Distance||Race Start Time||Course Map|
|Run Only||16K||09:00 a.m.||16K Map & Directions|
|Run Only||32K||08:00 a.m.||32K Map & Directions|
|Run Only||50K||Moved to 32K||50K Map & Directions|
|Bike Only||16K||Deferred||16K Map & Directions|
|Bike Only||32K||Deferred||32K Map & Directions|
|Relay (Run & Bike)||16K + 16K||Deferred||16K Map & Directions|
|Relay (Run & Bike)||32K + 32K||Deferred||32K Map & Directions|
|Solo (Run & Bike)||16K + 16K||Deferred||16K Map & Directions|
|Solo (Run & Bike)||32K + 32K||Deferred||32K Map & Directions|
- The cutoff time for the 50K Run completion of first loop is 12:30 p.m at the Twin Bridges aid station.
- The cutoff time for the 32K Solo and Relay Teams for bike heading out on course is 12:30 p.m. at the start/finish line.
- The course closes at 4:30 p.m.
Relay teams – all bike riders still waiting for their runners to return to the finish/start area will be sent onto the course at: 11:30 a.m. for 32K relay teams and 01:30 p.m. for 16K relay teams.
There are three aid stations in total, however you will be passing some aid stations twice depending on race distance as follows:
- 50K runners will see aid stations ten times.
- 30K runners and bikers will see aid stations five times.
- 15K runners will see aid stations two times.
Aid stations will have water, electrolyte drink, gels, chips, blocks or chews, cookies and other treats. First Aid supplies are available at every aid station.
Aid Station locations:
- East side of Twin Bridges bridge
- Baden Powell & Mushroom junction
- Old Buck & Empress junction
Join the Foretrails Clinic for a free orientation run on Saturday, February 18th, at 8:30 a.m. at the race start location (Inter River Park). Dress for changing weather, bring a mask and carry hydration and fuel.
- Friday, March 10th, at 5-7 p.m. at Forerunners North Shore, 980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver.
- Race Day (Saturday, March 11th) at the race start 30 minutes before your race start time.
Race Day Check-in
EVERYONE MUST CHECK IN 30 minutes before race start. This is for safety reasons.
- Dry bags, with a change of dry, warm clothes, may be dropped off at race start area.
- Please ensure your race number is marked on your dry bag.
- Due to increased number of events now open for Dirty Duo, the depth of awards by gender, by event will be determined by depth of participants for each event.
- Draw prizes will be available via randomized list of participants post race at the registration table.
- Every racer will receive a race souvenir at package pickup.
- Due to pandemic protocols, award times will be immediately following the arrival of the top three, by gender in each event.
All Foretrails Run Series events are now cup free events, meaning you’ll need to pack your own container for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line. For example, a foldable cup or packable style bottle.
Race Day Rules & Etiquette
We are a community minded event and want our racers, along with volunteers, family, friends and other community members who are enjoying the North Shore trails to have a great experience. To help us with this goal, please review our Race Rules and Etiquette.
The Holiday Inn and Suites is in walking distance from the start & finish line.
- There is a parking lot at Inter River Park and limited parking on the Road. Drive down Inter River Park Drive (off Lillooet Road). Take the first left turn, then the first right into the parking lot.
- CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED.
- Racers are asked NOT to park at the equestrian center or Jaycee House. You will be towed.
Here is a printable version of Dirty Duo Race Information.
Following are records held for old route.
Past results for the Dirty Duo may be found here.
Contact us. We will do our best to respond within 2 business days.
|Event/Entry Fee||Until |
Feb 7, 2023
|Feb 8 to|
Mar 4, 2023
|Mar 5 to|
Mar 10, 2023
|Relay - 16K Run/16K Bike||$100||$120||$140||$160|
|Relay - 32K Run/32K Bike||$110||$130||$150||$170|
|Solo - Run&Bike (16K each)||$60||$70||$80||$90|
|Solo - Run&Bike (32K each)||$65||$75||$85||$95|
Note: Race Day registration is accepted IF spaces are still available. You must arrive at least 30 minutes before your race start time to register. CASH ONLY for race day registration.