Saturday, October 30, 2021
Planning for 2022?
Hallow’s Eve will be held on October 29, 2022
Dress up to race through some of the North Shore’s most gruesome trails in the Hallow’s Eve Trail marathon, half marathon and 10K trail races. A truly scary event! From the start at the base of Lynn Creek, you will be challenged with some of the ghastliest (it’s Halloween) trails that Vancouver’s North Shore has to offer. In addition to challenging courses, there are many other highlights, including a complimentary course orientation run and awards for the best costume!
|Distance||Course Map||Race Start Time|
|Marathon – Closed for 2021||Map & Course Description||Closed for 2021|
|Half Marathon||Map & Course Description||08:30 a.m.|
|10K Run||Map & Course Description||09:30 a.m.|
2019 forward: All races start and finish Inter River Park, North Vancouver). Drive down Inter River Park Drive (off Lillooet Road). Take the first left turn, then the first right into the parking lot. The start is near the bathrooms and the BMX track area.
2019 forward: Griffen Switchbacks no long part of course. Racers stay on Lower Griffen to Baden-Powell.
No cut-off times for 2021.
There are five aid stations in total: five for the Marathon, three for the Half Marathon and two for the 10K. Aid stations will have water, electrolyte drink, gels, chips, blocks or chews, cookies and other treats. First Aid supplies are available at every aid station.
Aid Station locations:
- Pipeline Bridge (Rice Lake Road) near Varley Trail
- Lynn Headwaters at hiker sign-in bridge (crosses Lynn Creek)
- LSCR gazebo area
- Baden-Powell at Mosquito Creek (marathon only) – Closed for 2021
- Old Mountain Highway (marathon only) – Closed for 2021
Sorry, no orientation run for 2021.
- Friday, October 29nd, at 5-7 p.m. at Forerunners North Shore, 980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver.
- Race Day (Saturday, October 30th) at the race start 30 minutes before your race start time.
Race Day Check-in
EVERYONE MUST CHECK IN 30 minutes before race start. This is for safety reasons.
- Dry bags, with a change of dry, warm clothes, may be dropped off at race start area.
- Please ensure your race number is marked on your dry bag.
- Awards will be presented for top three by gender, by event.
- Draw Prizes. Check the draw prize list for you name.
- Every racer will receive a race souvenir at package pickup.
- Award times:
- for 2021, awards will be presented once third place crosses the finish line
All Foretrails Run Series events are now cup free events, meaning you’ll need to pack your own container for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line. For example, a foldable cup or packable style bottle.
Race Day Rules & Etiquette
We are a community minded event and want our racers, along with volunteers, family, friends and other community members who are enjoying the North Shore trails to have a great experience. To help us with this goal, please review our Race Rules and Etiquette.
The Holiday Inn and Suites is in walking distance from the start & finish line.
- There is a parking lot near the start line – pay parking may be in effect.
- CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED.
- Racers are asked NOT to park at the equestrian center or Jaycee House. You will be towed.
Race Information Sheet
Here is a printer friendly version of race information.
Following are records held for the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K:
- Marathon Male: 3:21:08– Darren Mealing
- Marathon Female: 3:36:51– Calla Barras
- Half marathon Male: 1:31:58– Ed McCarthy
- Half marathon Female: 1:41:28– Katrina Driver
- 10 km Male: 40:02– Dylan Gant
- 10 km Female: 47:25– Natalie Ball
Past results for Hallow’s Eve may be found here.
Contact us. We will do our best to respond with 2 business days.
|Entry Fee||Marathon||Half Marathon||10K|
|Until August 28th, 2021||$50||$45||$40|
|Aug 29 to October 23, 2021||$60||$55||$50|
|October 24 to 28, 2021||$80||$75||$60|
|Race Day Registration||$90||$85||$70|
Note: Race Day registration is accepted IF spaces are still available. You must arrive at least 30 minutes before your race start time to register. CASH ONLY for race day registration.