Saturday, November 17, 2018 – To be Confirmed
The Phantom Run is a relaxed and fun winter fundraising race through the lower reaches of the North Shore undulating trails near the Seymour River. Run technical and non-technical trails, with some steep climbs and descents. After the race, feast on hot soup, and other delights! We contribute to the Harvest Project in this race, so please bring some packaged food to donate.
|Distance||Course Map||Race Start Time|
|24.5K||Map & Course Description||08:30 a.m.|
|19.5K||Map & Course Description||09:00 a.m.|
|12.5K||Map & Course Description||10:00 a.m.|
All races start and finish at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve (LSCR), near the gazebo.
The course closes at 1:30 p.m.
There are three aid stations in total: three for the 24.5 and 19.5K and one (you will see it twice) for the 12.5K. Aid stations will have water, electrolyte drink, gels, chips, blocks or chews, cookies and other treats. First Aid supplies are available at every aid station.
Aid Station locations:
- Baden Powell Trail at Riverside Drive (you will pass this aid station twice)
- Lynn Headwaters at hiker sign-in bridge (crosses Lynn Creek)
- LSCR gazebo area
Join the Foretrails Clinic for a free orientation run on Saturday, November 3rd, at 8:30 a.m. at the race start location. Dress for changing weather.
- Friday, November 16th, at 5-7 p.m. at Forerunners North Shore, 980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver.
- Race Day (Saturday, November 17th) at the race start 30 minutes before your race start time.
Race Day Check-in
EVERYONE MUST CHECK IN 30 minutes before race start. This is for safety reasons.
- Dry bags, with a change of dry, warm clothes, may be dropped off at race start area.
- Please ensure your race number is marked on your dry bag.
- Awards will be presented for top three by gender, by event.
- Draw prizes will be announced around the awards time.
- Every racer will receive a race souvenir at package pickup.
- Award times:
- Noon for all events
All Foretrails Run Series events are now cup free events, meaning you’ll need to pack your own container for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line. For example, a foldable cup or packable style bottle.
This race is a fundraising event. We are donating food items and cash to the Harvest Project in North Vancouver. More here about Harvest Project. Any donations are welcome.
Race Day Rules & Etiquette
We are a community minded event and want our racers, along with volunteers, family, friends and other community members who are enjoying the North Shore trails to have a great experience. To help us with this goal, please review our Race Rules and Etiquette.
The Holiday Inn and Suites is in walking distance from the start & finish line.
- There is LSCR parking at the end of Lillooet Road. Parking Marshals will direct you to the second lot and ask you to park close together as there is limited parking.
- Racers are asked not to park in the first lot.
- CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED.
Following are records held for the 24K, 19K and 12K:
- 12 km Male: 0:55:00 Thomas Nipen
- 12 km Female 1:00:14 Alison Jones
- 19 km Male 1:33:06 Thomas Pickett
- 19 km Female 1:51:00 Nicola Gildersleeve
- 24 km Male 1:41:00 Joseph Gray
- 24 km Female 2:07:00 Shannon Back
Past results for The Phantom Run may be found here.
Contact us. We will do our best to respond within 2 business days.
|Until September 30, 2018||$45||$45||$40|
|October 1 to November 9, 2018||$50||$50||$45|
|After November 10, 2018||$60||$60||$60|
Note: Race Day registration is accepted IF spaces are still available. You must arrive at least 30 minutes before your race start time to register. CASH ONLY for race day registration.