Saturday, May 26, 2018
The Iron Knee and Tender Knee are point-to-point races starting from Cleveland Park or Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve in North Vancouver and ending on the shores of Deep Cove. Racers will be treated to some great trails, including the punishment of the infamous Powerline Climb. All this to be capped off with chocolate goodies and bragging rights as you race into the scenic finish line at Deep Cove.
|Distance||Course Map||Race Start||Race Start Time|
|Iron Knee – 25K||Map & Course Directions||Cleveland Park on
|Tender Knee – 13K||Map & Course Directions||Lower Seymour
The course closes at 1:00 p.m.
There are five aid stations in total: five for Iron Knee and two for Tender Knee. Aid stations will have water, electrolyte drink, gels, chips, blocks or chews, cookies and other treats. First Aid supplies are available at every aid station.
Aid Station locations:
- Mosquito Creek bridge at Baden-Powell trail
- Mountain Highway
- LSCR gazebo area
- Powerline top at Mushroom trail intersection
- Indian River Road at Baden-Powell trail
Join the Foretrails Clinic for a free orientation run on Saturday, May 5th, at 8:30 a.m. at the race start location. Dress for changing weather.
A shuttle bus will be available to transport you from the Deep Cove (finish) to your respective start area. You must purchase your shuttle ticket in advance (purchase during registration or if you forgot, send us an email).
Departure Times: 6:30 and 6:45 a.m.
Bus Pick Up: At the bottom of Gallant Avenue in Deep Cove.
Allow lots of time to walk to the pickup location.
- Friday, May 25th, at 5-7 p.m. at Forerunners North Shore, 980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver.
- Race Day (Saturday, May 26th) at your race start location 30 minutes before your race start time.
Race Day Check-in
EVERYONE MUST CHECK IN 30 minutes before race start. This is for safety reasons.
- Dry bags, with a change of dry, warm clothes, may be dropped off at race start lines and will be transported to the finish line at Deep Cove.
- Please ensure your race number is marked on your dry bag.
- Awards will be presented for top three by gender, by event.
- Draw prizes will be announced around the awards time.
- Every racer will receive a race souvenir at the finish line.
All Foretrails Run Series events are now cup free events, meaning you’ll need to pack your own container for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line. For example, a foldable cup or packable style bottle.
Race Day Rules & Etiquette
We are a community minded event and want our racers, along with volunteers, family, friends and other community members who are enjoying the North Shore trails to have a great experience. To help us with this goal, please review our Race Rules and Etiquette.
- ALL racers need to arrive EARLY to park at Cove Cliff Elementary School lot or on streets such as Deep Cove Road, Rockcliff Road, Raeburn Street. You will need time to walk to the bottom of Gallant Ave to get the shuttle bus.
- CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED.
- Racers are asked NOT to park in Panorama Park parking lot.
- Best solution: get someone to drop you at your start area and pick you up after the race in Deep Cove.
Following are records held for the Iron Knee and Tender Knee:
- Iron Knee Male: 1:36:18 Rickey Gates in 2013. (Course altered 2011.)
- Iron Knee Female: 2:00:42 Stephanie Hamilton in 2013. (Course altered 2011.)
- Tender Knee Male: 46:40 Devon Kershaw (Olympian) in 2014.
- Tender Knee Female: 49:25 Kristin Steira (Olympian) in 2014.
Past results for the Iron Knee / Tender Knee may be found here.
Contact us. We will do our best to respond with 2 business days.
|Entry Fee||Iron Knee||Tender Knee|
|Until March 31, 2018||$45||$40|
|April 1 to May 19, 2018||$55||$50|
|After May 19, 2018||$65||$60|
Note: Race Day registration is accepted IF spaces are still available. You must arrive at least 30 minutes before your race start time to register. CASH ONLY for race day registration.
Note: See below for Shuttle Bus ticket information.