Saturday, November 12, 2022
Planning for 2023?
The Phantom Run will be held on November 11, 2023
The Phantom Run is a relaxed and fun winter fundraising race through the lower reaches of the North Shore trails near the Seymour River. Run technical and non-technical trails, with some steep climbs and descents. After the race, feast on hot soup, and other delights! We contribute to the Harvest Project in this race, so please bring some packaged food to donate.
All race distances start and finish by the Gazebo at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve (LSCR), North Vancouver. Drive to the top of Lillooet Road and park in the overflow parking lot (gravel). Walk past the washrooms and Park Ranger gatehouse to the start/finish area.
|Event||Race Start Time||Course Map|
|25K||08:30 a.m.||25K Map & Directions|
|19.5K||09:00 a.m.||19.5K Map & Directions|
|12K||10:00 a.m.||12K Map & Directions|
All races start and finish at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve (LSCR), near the gazebo.
- All races start and finish at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve (LSCR), near the gazebo.
- WAVE STARTS – Due to the volume of racers heading onto the course at the start, we may do wave starts for 25K and 12K distances. We will be letting groups of 40-50 racers start every 2 minutes.
- Please place yourself in the first wave if you are racing for a podium finish. Time is from gun start.
The course closes at 1:30 p.m.
There are three aid stations in total: three for the 25 and 19.5K and two for the 12K. Aid stations will have water, electrolyte drink, gels, chips, blocks or chews, cookies and other treats. First Aid supplies are available at every aid station.
Aid Station locations:
- Baden-Powell & Fisherman’s (all distance will pass this aid station)
- Top of Homestead trail (all distances will pass this aid station)
- Lower Lynn Loop at junction with Lynn Loop Connector
Sorry racers! There will not be an orientation run this year as we have had to adjust our Hallow’s Eve race date to October 29th for 2021.
- Friday, November 11th, at 5-7 p.m. at Forerunners North Shore, 980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver.
- Race Day (Saturday, November 12th) at the race start 30 minutes before your race start time.
Race Day Check-in
EVERYONE MUST CHECK IN 30 minutes before race start. This is for safety reasons.
- Dry bags, with a change of dry, warm clothes, may be dropped off at race start area.
- Please ensure your race number is marked on your dry bag.
- Awards will be presented for top three by gender, by event.
- Draw prizes. Check the randomized list to see if you are a winner.
- Every racer will receive a race souvenir at package pickup.
- Award times:
- Awards will be presented once 3rd place in category crosses the finish line.
All Foretrails Run Series events are now cup free events, meaning you’ll need to pack your own container for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line. For example, a foldable cup or packable style bottle.
This race is a fundraising event. We are donating food items and cash to the Harvest Project in North Vancouver. Any donations are welcome.
Race Day Rules & Etiquette
We are a community minded event and want our racers, along with volunteers, family, friends and other community members who are enjoying the North Shore trails to have a great experience. To help us with this goal, please review our Race Rules and Etiquette.
The Holiday Inn and Suites is in walking distance from the start & finish line.
- There is LSCR parking at the end of Lillooet Road. Parking Marshals will direct you to the second lot and ask you to park close together as there is limited parking.
- Racers are asked not to park in the first lot.
- CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED.
Race Information Sheet
Here is a printer friendly version of race information.
Following are records held for the 24K, 19K and 12K:
- 12 km Male: 0:55:00 Thomas Nipen
- 12 km Female 1:00:14 Alison Jones
- 19 km Male 1:33:06 Thomas Pickett
- 19 km Female 1:51:00 Nicola Gildersleeve
- 24 km Male 1:41:00 Joseph Gray
- 24 km Female 2:07:00 Shannon Back
Past results for The Phantom Run may be found here.
Contact us. We will do our best to respond within 2 business days.
|Event/Entry Fee||Until |
Sep 17, 2022
|Sep 18 to |
Oct 29, 2022
|Oct 30 to |
Nov 10, 2022
Note: Race Day registration is accepted IF spaces are still available. You must arrive at least 30 minutes before your race start time to register. CASH ONLY for race day registration.