Saturday, March 10th, 2018
NEW RACE COURSE for 2018!!
The Dirty Duo is for trail runners and mountain bikers! This trail race brings both sports together to share what living and playing on the rugged North Shore trails is all about! This scenic trail race will challenge beginners as well as extreme athletes and there is a course for everyone. The 15K run is perfect for those who would like the excitement of the Dirty Duo without the pain of the extra hills in the 27K, while the 27K run provides an extra challenge for those who want to get dirty. There is double the pleasure in the 50K run (you get to do it twice – a little bit differently each time!). Then there is a fun, technical 27K cross country course designed for “maximum enjoyment” for our mountain bikers! Finally, you can grab a buddy and do a relay (no fighting over who runs and who rides), or do it all yourself!!
|Distance||Course Map||Race Start Time|
|15K – Run||Map & Course Directions||01:00 p.m.|
|27K – Run||Map & Course Directions||10:00 a.m.|
|50K – Run||Map & Course Directions||08:00 a.m. *|
|27K – Bike||Map & Course Directions||10:00 a.m.|
|Relay (27K Run & 27K Bike)||Run Course & Bike Course||08:00 a.m.|
|Solo (27K Run & 27K Bike)||Run Course & Bike Course||08:00 a.m.|
All races start and finish at the Jaycee House.
*We will have an early start (7:30 a.m.) for slower runners doing the 50K run, but you MUST let us know in advance!
The course closes at 4:30 p.m.
There are three aid stations in total, however you will be passing some aid stations twice depending on race distance as follows:
- 50K runners will see aid stations ten times.
- 27K runners and bikers will see aid stations five times.
- 15K runners will see aid stations two times.
Aid stations will have water, electrolyte drink, gels, chips, blocks or chews, cookies and other treats. First Aid supplies are available at every aid station.
Aid Station locations:
- Fisherman’s Trail at Riverside Drive (you will pass this aid station twice)
- Baden Powell & Severed D junction
- Old Buck & Bridle Path junction
Join the Foretrails Clinic for a free orientation run on Saturday, February 17th, at 8:30 a.m. at the race start location. Dress for changing weather.
- Friday, March 9th, at 5-7 p.m. at Forerunners North Shore, 980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver.
- Race Day (Saturday, March 10th) at the race start 30 minutes before your race start time.
Race Day Check-in
EVERYONE MUST CHECK IN 30 minutes before race start. This is for safety reasons.
- Dry bags, with a change of dry, warm clothes, may be dropped off at race start area.
- Please ensure your race number is marked on your dry bag.
- Awards will be presented for top three by gender, by event.
- Draw prizes will be announced around the awards time.
- Every racer will receive a race souvenir at package pickup.
- Award times:
All Foretrails Run Series events are now cup free events, meaning you’ll need to pack your own container for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line. For example, a foldable cup or packable style bottle.
Race Day Rules & Etiquette
We are a community minded event and want our racers, along with volunteers, family, friends and other community members who are enjoying the North Shore trails to have a great experience. To help us with this goal, please review our Race Rules and Etiquette.
The Holiday Inn and Suites is in walking distance from the start & finish line.
- There is a parking lot at Inter River Park and limited parking on the Road. Drive down Inter River Park Drive (off Lillooet Road). Take the first left turn, then the first right into the parking lot.
- CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED.
- Racers are asked NOT to park at the equestrian center or Jaycee House. You will be towed.
Following are records held for old route.
Past results for the Dirty Duo may be found here.
Contact us. We will do our best to respond within 2 business days.
|Until January 20, 2018||$45||$50||$60||$50||$100||$60|
|January 21 to March 3, 2018||$55||$60||$70||$60||$120||$70|
|After March 3, 2018||$65||$70||$80||$70||$140||$80|
Note: Race Day registration is accepted IF spaces are still available. You must arrive at least 30 minutes before your race start time to register. CASH ONLY for race day registration.