Saturday, March 9th, 2019
The Dirty Duo is for trail runners and mountain bikers! This trail race brings both sports together to share what living and playing on the rugged North Shore trails is all about! This scenic trail race will challenge beginners as well as extreme athletes and there is a course for everyone. The 15K run is perfect for those who would like the excitement of the Dirty Duo without the pain of the extra hills in the 30K, while the 30K run provides an extra challenge for those who want to get dirty. There is double the pleasure in the 50K run (you get to do it twice – a little bit differently each time!). Then there is a fun, technical 30K cross country course designed for “maximum enjoyment” for our mountain bikers! Finally, you can grab a buddy and do a relay (no fighting over who runs and who rides), or do it all yourself!!
Course Change for 2019. Twin Bridges will be open for the 2019 event so we have revised the first portion of each route to save both runners and mountain bikers from the Baden-Powell stairs. Instead there is a nice little hill on the way to and from the Twin Bridges bridge. You are welcome! This course change has increased the distance of the 27K run and bike course to 30K, which also means an increase for the Relay and Solo events. Distances for the 15K and 50K runs remain the same. We have also included a few tweaks for all courses beyond the bridge, which we are sure you will enjoy.
Note: Due to trail maintenance Empress Bypass will not be included in 2019.
|Distance||Course Map||Race Start Time|
|15K – Run||Map & Course Directions||01:00 p.m.|
|30K – Run||Map & Course Directions||10:00 a.m.|
|50K – Run||Map & Course Directions||08:00 a.m. *|
|30K – Bike||Map & Course Directions||10:00 a.m.|
|Relay (30K Run & 30K Bike)||Run Course & Bike Course||08:00 a.m.|
|Solo (30K Run & 30K Bike)||Run Course & Bike Course||08:00 a.m.|
All races start and finish at Inter River Park – South Parking Lot.
*We will have an early start (7:30 a.m.) for slower runners doing the 50K run, but you MUST let us know in advance!
The cutoff time for the 50K Run is 12:30 p.m at the Twin Bridges aid station.
The cutoff time for the Solo and Relay Teams is 1 p.m. at the Twin Bridges aid station.
The course closes at 4:30 p.m.
For relay teams – all bike riders still waiting for their runners to return to the finish/start area will be sent onto the course at noon.
There are three aid stations in total, however you will be passing some aid stations twice depending on race distance as follows:
- 50K runners will see aid stations ten times.
- 30K runners and bikers will see aid stations five times.
- 15K runners will see aid stations two times.
Aid stations will have water, electrolyte drink, gels, chips, blocks or chews, cookies and other treats. First Aid supplies are available at every aid station.
Aid Station locations:
- East side of Twin Bridges bridge (you will pass this aid station twice)
- Baden Powell & Severed D junction
- Old Buck & Bridle Path junction
Join the Foretrails Clinic for a free orientation run on Saturday, February 16th, at 8:30 a.m. at the race start location. Dress for changing weather.
- Friday, March 8th, at 5-7 p.m. at Forerunners North Shore, 980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver.
- Race Day (Saturday, March 9th) at the race start 30 minutes before your race start time.
Race Day Check-in
EVERYONE MUST CHECK IN 30 minutes before race start. This is for safety reasons.
- Dry bags, with a change of dry, warm clothes, may be dropped off at race start area.
- Please ensure your race number is marked on your dry bag.
- Awards will be presented for top three by gender, by event.
- Draw prizes will be announced around the awards time.
- Every racer will receive a race souvenir at package pickup.
- Award times:
- 12:30 p.m. for 30K Run & 30K Bike
- 2:30 p.m. for 15K Run, 50K Run, Relay and Solo
All Foretrails Run Series events are now cup free events, meaning you’ll need to pack your own container for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line. For example, a foldable cup or packable style bottle.
Race Day Rules & Etiquette
We are a community minded event and want our racers, along with volunteers, family, friends and other community members who are enjoying the North Shore trails to have a great experience. To help us with this goal, please review our Race Rules and Etiquette.
The Holiday Inn and Suites is in walking distance from the start & finish line.
- There is a parking lot at Inter River Park and limited parking on the Road. Drive down Inter River Park Drive (off Lillooet Road). Take the first left turn, then the first right into the parking lot.
- CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED.
- Racers are asked NOT to park at the equestrian center or Jaycee House. You will be towed.
Following are records held for old route.
Past results for the Dirty Duo may be found here.
Contact us. We will do our best to respond within 2 business days.
|Until January 17, 2019||$45||$50||$60||$50||$100||$60|
|Jan 18 to Feb 28, 2019||$55||$60||$70||$60||$120||$70|
|After February 28, 2018||$65||$70||$80||$70||$140||$80|
Note: Race Day registration is accepted IF spaces are still available. You must arrive at least 30 minutes before your race start time to register. CASH ONLY for race day registration.