Once again, the weather conditions are causing some challenges for the Dirty Duo trail race. The Race Organizers have had everything crossed – fingers, toes, knees, hair for those who can braid – hoping for some warmer weather, but it doesn’t appear to be working. Here is our current plan for the race and please read to the bottom!
- All Running Events will go ahead, but traction devices are mandatory (e.g.: spikes).
- 50K start time change to 07:30 a.m. to accommodate slower course conditions. Second loop cut-off time is 12:30 p.m. at Aid Station #1 – Twin Bridge/Fisherman’s.
Mountain Bike Events
- Mountain Bike Events – final decision will be made Wednesday afternoon, March 6th.
- Deferrals (to 2020 Dirty Duo) will be available if mountain bike events are cancelled on Wednesday, March 6th. This includes 30K bike only, relay teams and solo entrants.
- Mountain Bike 30K are welcome to convert to a 30K run event.
- Solo entrants are welcome to convert to 50K or 30K run.
- Relay Teams
- Both team members may convert to 30K run event.
- Runner may transfer to 30K event and Biker defer to 2020.
- Both may defer as a team to 2020.
Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. Keep an eye out for the Final Decision Wednesday afternoon, March 6th.
Your Foretrails Run Series Team